Friday 3 July 2015

Wheat bags



I have been sewing for about four years now and today marks the first time my husband has ever asked me to sew him anything.   He has a bad back and his old wheat bag has seen better days. Using his old one as my pattern I was quickly able to make him a new one. I was surprised how quick and cheap they  were to make, so while I was at it I decided to make one for Tamati and I as well. 


All you need is a small amount of fabric and your wheat. I like to use contrasting fabric for the front and back, and the fleece makes it especially snuggly. 




Cut two rectangles the same size and with right sides together sew around three edges, leaving one of the short edges open. 

Turn in right way and press with iron. 


Divide the length into thirds and sew along these lines to make three long pockets. Fill these pockets with wheat and then sew your final edge closed 

And that's it. Simple!




No comments:

Post a Comment